Unlocking the Link: Understanding and Managing Depression and Malnutrition in the Elderly
A Comprehensive Guide for Registered Dietitians by Michelle Saari RD MSc
Empower Your Practice with Expert Knowledge
Discover the critical intersection between depression and malnutrition in the elderly and enhance your capacity as a dietitian to manage malnutrition and understanding it’s connection with depression. In this insightful presentation, Michelle Saari RD MSc, unravels the intricate connection between mental and nutritional health in older adults.
About the Presentation
Format: Video and PDF of powerpoint slides
Tailored For: Registered Dietitians
- In-depth Analysis: Explore the prevalence and impact of depression and malnutrition in the elderly.
- Evidence-Based Approaches: Learn about the latest research and effective nutritional strategies.
- Collaborative Care Models: Understand the role of multidisciplinary teams in treating depression through nutritional interventions.
- Understand the Complex Relationship: Grasp how malnutrition and depression are so intricately linked and what the signs of malnutrition are that surface in depression.
- Develop Tailored Nutritional Plans: Acquire skills to create effective, individualized nutritional interventions by catching malnutrition early.
- Foster Team Collaboration: Learn to effectively coordinate with healthcare professionals in managing these intertwined conditions.
- Stay Ahead in Your Field: Keep up-to-date with the latest research and best practices.
About Michelle Saari RD MSc
Michelle Saari is a renowned dietitian and researcher with a Master of Science in Nutrition. With years of experience in geriatric nutrition, she brings a wealth of knowledge and practical expertise to this presentation.